Making New Year’s Resolutions is not for everyone. New year, turn over a new leaf—improvement is the name of the game! Some people are very forthcoming with their resolutions, others choose to avoid the issue and not make any. But even if you’re one who avoids resolutions, you probably make some secret ones so that just in case you do keep them, you can brag about it to those friends who spoke their New Year’s Resolutions out loud and then broke them for everyone to see.
Depending on one’s frame of mind, New Year’s Resolutions can run the gamut from the ridiculous to the sublime:
- I will try to figure out why I really need 10 email addresses
- I resolve to stop poisoning my family with my cooking
- I will reuse and recycle
- I will be kind and caring to the world at large
Making the right New Year’s Resolutions can be a very healthy thing. In fact, five of these top 10 resolutions for 2014 from statisticbrain.com could have been easily achieved with custom closets, garage cabinets, entry way, pantry and laundry room storage solutions from Tailored Living®!
- Lose weight
- Get Organized
- Spend less, save more
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Stay fit and healthy
- Learn something exciting
- Quit smoking
- Help others in their dreams
- Fall in love
- Spend more time with family
Resolve to Get Your Closets Organized in 2015
Living with clutter can be stressful and time-consuming. Not being able to find what you need, when you need it can lead to all sorts of negative results like being late, getting frustrated and becoming short-tempered. Resolving to get organized in 2015, starting with your family’s closets, is the best resolution you could make. Installing custom closet organizers will help everyone get out from under the piles and…enjoy life to the fullest!
Closets are notorious for accumulating “stuff” that doesn’t necessarily belong in the closet. This includes closets in bedrooms, hallways, entryway or family rooms; they all can get out of control and become problem areas instead of serviceable storage spaces. To fall in love with your closets, here are some steps for getting them organized.
- Take closet inventory. Go through each closet and remove anything that doesn’t belong. Utilize garage storage for seasonal gear to free up space for everyday use items. Move games, toys, sporting equipment, etc., to a more suitable place.
- Install closet organizers in every closet to maximize space and increase efficiency. Whether the closet is for clothes, sports equipment, seasonal storage like heavy coats and boots, boxed storage, or whatever, a custom closet system designed to maximize space will result in more items stored in a more orderly fashion.
- For clothes, a custom closet system of tiered rods, shelves, cabinets and drawers can keep clothes and accessories easy to manage for kids and adults alike. Pull-out hampers, valet rods, tie and belt racks, jewelry organizers and specialty hooks will streamline the processes of getting dressed and maintaining order because everything will have its appointed place.
- Edit the wardrobes. Have your kids help with their own closets. Go through every item of clothing and discard anything that is never worn, doesn’t fit or can’t be mended. We all tend to hang on to things for reasons like, it was expensive, it was a gift (but I never wear it), I loved that concert (the ugly tee shirt) and I hope to fit into it someday... Be ruthless! Keep only what will actually be worn and you’ll discover you have space for some new, stylish favorites.
- Purge accessories. Shoes, purses, backpacks, boots, scarves, hats and belts can take up an unbelievable amount of space, especially if all jumbled up. Keep what you love, toss what you don’t. A rule of thumb for purging is if you haven’t worn it in at least a year, you probably won’t miss it. Use bins, baskets and shelves to neatly arrange items and keep your everyday favorites accessible.
Help Others in Their Dreams
Custom closets are just one phase of getting your home organized in 2015.
- How about a dream garage with custom cabinets and PremierOne® garage flooring?
- Or a home office with custom work stations and plenty of cabinets and shelves?
- Do laundry room cabinets or custom pantry storage fall into anyone’s dream territory?
Tailored Living featuring PremierGarage can help to realize all your organizational dreams. We’re the experts at maximizing space and designing storage solutions for closet, garage, home office, laundry room, pantry and more. Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find an organization specialist near you.
January 17th is the unofficial “Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day,” when most people give up and forget about their good intentions. But a resolution of custom home organization systems won’t end in a few days. The positive effects will transform your home, make life easier for everyone all year long, and allow you to spend more time with family.
Have a happy, organized New Year!