Warm summer nights may be waning, but entertaining family and friends is always in season. As fall approaches, and get-togethers transition from the warmth of sunshiny days to the cooler hours of dusk and evening, you’ll want consistent comfort between your indoor and outdoor living spaces. Being aware of The Best Outdoor Furniture 2018: Your Definitive Summer Guide can help you make sure that you make good use of all of your outdoor space all Summer long. Planning for those subtle temperature changes will ensure everyone’s enjoyment whether they are indoors or outdoors, so you can keep the party going!
Tailored Living’s® professional designers can help evaluate your needs and define possibilities with organization and storage solutions you may not have considered to help you make the most of all your space. Your outdoor spaces can become an extension of your home’s interior, bringing your exemplary indoor style out, and creatively using the outdoors in new and exciting ways.
The innovative garage
A garage offers almost endless opportunities for outdoor living fun. A beautifully finished garage, with custom garage storage cabinets, open shelves and wall-hung systems can capture valuable space, get everything up off the floor, and free up floor space for planned family use. Install an easy-care, durable garage floor, and the garage can become an integral part of daily life by providing a safe and secure environment for both your family’s entertaining and everyday activities.
- A barbeque crowd can happily spill over into a garage fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
- Setting up game tables takes the party “outside” with plenty of room to move around.
- The Man Cave sports-dedicated TV can keep enthusiasts completely enthralled with continuous action while the non-sports guests enjoy serenity elsewhere.
- Extra seating and tables can accommodate overflow guests for eating comfort, or provide a change of pace from eating in the kitchen or dining room.
- Electric space heaters can warm up any cool corners as the sun goes down.
- Budding musicians can practice for stardom without breaking the indoor sound barrier.
- Incorporate a home gym, hobby/crafts workbench, or indoor putting green.
However you use your garage, keep in mind that with children and pets a garage can be a dangerous place with tools, chemicals, cords and such. Storage solutions that keep harmful elements up high and out of the way, including behind closed doors or in locked drawers, will ensure that your garage is safe for use by the whole family.
With Tailored Living’s wide range of cabinet styles, finishes and colors you can match your home’s existing décor or create a completely unique atmosphere. As the pièce de résistance, our industrial-strength PremierOne® hybrid polymer garage floor coatings or the PremierTrax flexible floor tiles will complete the garage with an easy-care, durable floor that can withstand any activity. Resistant to stains, spills and automotive fluids, your floor will remain beautiful for years to come.
Outdoor decks and patios
If you have a patio or deck right off a kitchen, dining room or family room, you only need to enhance its function to seamlessly blend the indoors and outdoors. If you don't have a patio outside your house, you may want to have a look at some hardscaping Greensboro options so that you could have your very own outdoor parties whenever you want to.
- If the outside space is undefined or cluttered, clear away the clutter and paint or re-stain any dingy surfaces to restore its beauty. For a worn floor, PremierTrax flexible garage floor tiles are an easy upgrade that will give lasting durability, beauty and comfort. It will provide a safe surface for children to play on, as well as be easier to clean than wood, stone or concrete.
- Add custom cabinets and storage benches to match indoor cabinetry, making the outdoor deck or patio a natural continuation of indoor design. Handy storage to control clutter and additional outdoor seating will turn this outdoor space into a favorite hangout.
- Building cabinets and countertops around an existing barbeque provides functional counter and storage space, creating an efficient outdoor kitchen. Incorporate a small refrigerator to hold drinks and foodstuffs, add tables and chairs, and you’re ready for a full family barbeque!
- Extend your indoor color scheme to the outdoors with coordinating accent pieces and pillows in weather-resistant fabrics on patio chairs and lounges. You could even colour coordinate your outdoor blinds with colorful planters with live greenery and side tables can add pops of color to enliven the space.
- For cool evening temperatures, have soft, cuddly throws available to wrap up in, as well as Tiki torches or a fire pit to take the chill off and add a warm glow.
To make the most of outdoor living, you need the right balance of sun, shade and protection from the elements like wind and rain. A patio cover provides shade and shelter from above, but as the sun sets, or a light rain blows in, it’s “everyone inside!” Exterior screens, solar shades and indoor/outdoor fabric drapes and shutters are all options to keep your spaces protected from the weather so your family can enjoy the outdoors in any season. Our sister company, Budget Blinds®, offers innovative custom window coverings from window film to exterior aluminum shutters, sure to enhance your lifestyle and please your budget.
Indoor/outdoor entryway storage solutions
Blending indoor and outdoor living will make your whole house seem bigger, and extending indoor functionality to the outdoors makes good sense. Make your mudroom or entryway year-round efficient with overhead storage for off-season storage.
- In fall and winter, you need available space for jackets, coats, scarves and boots.
- In spring and summer those things can pack away making room for beach towels, straw hats, flip flops and cover ups.
- Custom cabinets and bins can accommodate the current season’s necessities.
- Decorative hooks for each family member will keep outerwear organized.
- Put down rugs for traction and to wipe feet, so dirt and water are not tracked into the house.
- Add a bench or chair to make changing shoes and boots an easy task.
If you aren’t maximizing your outdoor space for gracious living, call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation. Get your patio, deck or garage ready for outdoor entertaining to augment your indoor space. We can also assist with indoor organization and storage for custom closets, home office designs, laundry rooms, pantries, and more. Take advantage of our Summer Savings Event going on now through September 30 to rev up the look of your garage and reinvent your space for ultimate indoor/outdoor living comfort and convenience.