Have you noticed that a high percentage of closet clutter is accessories? Specifically, shoes, boots, and purses that come in myriad styles, shapes, and sizes making storage a real challenge. It’s not uncommon for shoes, boots, and purses to end up in piles, either on the floor or in bins, making it difficult to see what you have and to find what you need. A better solution to keeping those all-important accessories safely organized is a custom closet system from Tailored Living® with storage solutions designed for exactly what you have in your wardrobe.
Enclosed cabinets and adjustable shelves keep purses, boots, and shoes visible and organized
No outfit is complete without accessories. Boots, shoes, purses, jewelry, scarves, hats, belts … they all add texture, color, and a style statement to your outfits. Even so, wardrobe accessories don’t always get the respect they deserve, such as designer shoes and handbags carelessly shoved into the closet and boots tossed aside. That’s a recipe for damaging your favorites and ultimately having to spend extra money to buy replacements. With custom storage solutions for all your shoes, boots, and purses, they’ll last longer and continue to look like new season after season.
Protect and display boots and shoes
Stylish footwear is a key feature of any wardrobe and can make or break an outfit. Flat sandals, tall and short boots, dress shoes, casual shoes, sneakers, platforms, stilettos, moccasins, clogs, and slippers all have their purpose, and the diversity of styles and space requirements need to be accounted for in storage. The shoes you own will dictate the storage you need. Different types of adjustable shelves as part of an overall closet system can serve for any type of footwear.
Display your beautiful shoes so you can enjoy them even when not wearing them!
- Go floor to ceiling to accommodate your entire shoe collection, customizing the space for tall boots and flat sandals so there is no wasted space.
- Slanted shoe racks with rails hold the highest of heels without any toppling to the floor.
- Pull-out wire forms shoe racks with keep shoes organized and free from the crush of stacking.
- Illuminate your shoes with integrated LED lights, so you don’t leave the house in one navy and one black shoe. (Yes, this does happen.)
- For ease and accessibility, a revolving shoe rack tucked in an awkward corner can display 25 pairs of shoes in a small space.
- Quickly see if you need new shoes for an up-coming special event or a new color of your favorite, everyday comfort shoes.
Keep your purses in perfect order
With purses, it’s the more the merrier! But purses and handbags can be bulky to store, especially if you like to carry all the latest styles as well as classic favorites. Paris Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, and Milan Fashion Week all revealed top styles for purses in 2020 and, not surprisingly, the sky’s the limit on design!
Something for everyone in delicious styles and colors for casual dressing to evening bling, from hardly-there minis to roomy backpacks
- Canvas and leather combinations
- Pastel tones
- Sparkles and fringe
- Minis, maxis, and clutches
- Woven bags, netting, baskets, and crochet
- Hobo bags and leather backpack purses in all sizes, shapes, and textures
Unfortunately, a sizable wardrobe of purses often ends up squished together in a basket, stacked on top of each other, or crushed in a drawer that can ruin the shape, scratch metal hardware, and dislodge decorative touches. Especially leather and suede can be damaged from rubbing against other purses that have metal adornments which can leave permanent marks or scratches in the finish.
Individual space and shelf dividers keep purses separated so they are perfectly intact for the next time you grab one
- Store purses on open closet shelves, adjustable to any height with shelf dividers so they don’t get crushed against each other.
- Shelves above hanging clothes is another option to keep purses handy, so accessorizing an outfit is quick and easy.
- Enclosed cabinets with glass-inset doors will keep purses dust-free and fully visible, especially with LED lighting inside the cabinets.
- Decorative hooks can also be effective in organizing your purses, utilizing wall space or corners not suitable for cabinets or shelves.
Give your accessories celebrity status
Celebrities are famous for their fabulous closets and you can adopt a tip or two from how they protect and display their shoes, boots, and designer bags. Lisa Vanderpump of Bravo's Real Housewives, goes for a boutique-style closet, with purses and shoes side by side on custom shelves so they’re easy to mix and match; no jumbled piles or missing mates. Actress Jessica Alba manages her extensive shoe collection with adjustable shelves to accommodate sandals, heels, flats and sneakers. She takes the extra step of aligning shoes alternating head to toe, to allow more pairs of shoes on a shelf.
Your accessories can become an enchanting element in your custom closet, proving that organization is a beautiful thing
Even if you have a lot of accessories, you still can have a functional, organized closet for all the shoes, boots, and purses your little heart desires!Tailored Living’s custom closet organization systems maximize storage space for everything in your closet based on vertical solutions like floor-to-ceiling closet cabinets and adjustable shelves, with personalized touches like shoe racks, velvet-lined jewelry drawers, decorative hooks, and more. Never lose another shoe or have the dog chew the handle off your favorite leather purse. With a place for everything, your closet will stay clutter-free and have you ready for anything at a moment’s notice, in just the right shoes and carrying the perfect bag. Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. They can help with not only closet storage systems, but any area of your home where clutter and disorganization create stress, like a home office, laundry room, pantry, entryway, and the garage.