Most families have both organized individuals and messy individuals and they don’t always live in sweet harmony. Constantly tripping over someone’s shoes in the middle of the floor gets old and can lead to retaliation. (Don’t try this at home.)
- The neatnik hides one shoe so the messy goes crazy looking for it
- The messy leaves the top off the toothpaste so the neatnik has a meltdown
Organization is not a natural inclination for everyone, but it is essential to an uncluttered, less stressful life. And when you live with others, it’s also a courtesy to maintain your own stuff and space. The biggest excuses for not being organized are two little words:
- Can’t – inability, real or imagined
- Won’t -- lack of initiative, doesn’t care
In either case, having the proper tools is a big first step to calming the chaos and helping everyone get more organized. That’s where Tailored Living® can help with getting life under control for all your family members with custom closet systems to meet the specific needs of each person. By making it easier to manage and maintain wardrobes and possessions, an ongoing, organized lifestyle is within reach for everyone.
Kids’ closets that grow with them
It’s never too early to start introducing the habit of organization into your child’s world. Starting with a closet that they can manage on their own or with a little help, encourages them to be organized and responsible. Tailored Living custom closet organizer systems can be structured to suit any age, and the adjustable components can be reconfigured as your child grows. There really is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” kid’s closet design and customization and closet accessories will make each closet unique and age-appropriate to the user.
Preschool and grade-school
- Low-level bins and shelves for toys and shoes they can put away themselves
- Tiered hanging rods will multiply the hanging space for a wardrobe that mom manages
- Drawers hold easy-to-put-away socks, pajamas and underwear
- Tiered hanging rods for long and short items, scaled to the child’s height
- Adjustable shelves can handle folded clothes, books, and favorite collections
- Decorative hooks create easy storage forjackets, hats and backpacks
- A pull-out laundry hamper corrals dirty clothes and keeps the floor clear
Teen and young adult
- Expanded wardrobes for casual, school and dress need more hanging space
- Floor-to-ceiling shelves and shoe racks for shoes, hats, purses and other items
- Drawers can organize folded clothes or be customized with dividers to hold small items
- A retractable valet rod can provide additional hanging space when needed
Her closet, her kingdom
There’s just nothing like having a calm, organized place for all the clothes and accessories that make up a woman’s wardrobe, making getting dressed a positive experience. Part of the magic is having conveniently displayed hanging clothes, folded items, shoes, purses, jewelry, belts, hats, and scarves. Custom closet accessories add distinctive style and take the ordinary tasks of wardrobe maintenance and make them pleasurable with customizations and personal touches to make her closet both functional and fabulous.
- Capture all available space with floor-to-ceiling tiered rods, adjustable shelves, drawers and cabinets to accommodate everything in perfect order
- A retractable valet rod is an extra hand forputting an outfit together or handling the dry cleaning
- Slanted shoe racks clear floor space and clutter, organizing dozens of pairs of shoes in full view
- A storage island provides additional drawer space for lingerie and accessories, including custom, velvet-lined for jewelry
- Glass-inset doors display and protect what’s stored inside.
- Integrated LED lights provide under-shelf and inside-cabinet lighting
- Add custom touches like scarf and belt racks and decorative hooks
- A full-length swivel mirror can hide away when notin use
His closet, streamlined for action
Despite the frat-boy image of many men, most do care about order and convenience when managing their clothes. In fact, the less time they need to spend to be well-dressed, the better theylike it. Whether they wear suits to work, uniforms and steel-toed work boots, live in jeans or live out of a suitcase traveling, a custom closet design will take into consideration all needs for work and play.
Even though the average man may not have as many wardrobe pieces as the woman in his life, he’ll still need more than a tiny slice of a closet. Lifestyle and career will dictate what needs to be in his closet; personal preference will determine how his closet is configured.
- Carefully hung suits, dress shirts, jackets, and even a tuxedo
- Neatly folded jeans, tee shirts, sweaters and shorts on shelves
- Athletic and workout gear in bins or drawers
- Custom accessories like tie and belt racks
- Drawer dividers protect jewelry and accessories, as well as provide organized storage for wallets, loose change and tech items like iPods, phones, and chargers
- Shoe racks for dress shoes, running shoes, sandals, casual shoes, sneakers and boots
- Cabinet space for briefcases, backpacks, suitcases and gym bags
- A locked safe for secured property or gun safety
Shared closets that keep the peace
A shared closet situation can be a perpetually frustrating experience, but it doesn’t have to be. With carefully designed space, a shared closet can provide individual storage for two, organized and functional, accommodating both wardrobes and accessories in efficient order. Each person will have space for what they need so they aren’t competing for territory.
- His and hers hanging sections and drawers
- Individual shoe racks for each
- Shelves for folded items, hats, purses and more
- Tilt-out hampers to hide dirty clothes
- Specialty racks for scarves, ties, belts, andpants
- A bench for seating or a storage ottoman for seating and additional storage
Whatever your closet needs, Tailored Living can help with custom closet organization for the whole family. Turning closet chaos into calm will impact clutter control throughout the house, making It easier for everyone to put their own things away. Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation. As whole home organization specialists, we canalso help with innovative storagesolutions for laundry rooms, pantries, home offices, family rooms, mudrooms, garage storage and custom garage flooring.