Not all garages are created equal.
- Some are small, some are large
- Some have windows, others have no natural light
- Some garages store many things, while others serve as extended living space
Whatever the status and function of your garage, maximizing its usefulness with custom garage storage cabinets and custom garage flooring from Tailored Living® will only make it more valuable to your home, your family, and your lifestyle. And you can further personalize your garage storage needs with custom garage accessories that ensure safe storage for all your possessions.
Very versatile Slatwall
Slatwall panels in colorful PVC or aluminum can create amazing storage options for all kinds of garage storage from small hand tools to cumbersome sports equipment like bikes and golf bags. Whether in sections or as a full wall, Slatwall can be customized with specialty hooks, shelves, and baskets for whatever you need to store. Integrate with custom cabinets or install where cabinets are inconvenient or won’t fit, and Slatwall can provide storage that keeps everything up off the floor and safely stored.
- Slatwall can safely store large garden tools, sports equipment and more
- Installed over a work countertop, hand tools are organized and easy to find
- Removable hooks and racks mean you can reconfigure storage as often as needed
The automated, smart garage
An untapped source of storage space is overhead storage. Stationary racks can provide lots of square feet of storage for bulky and seldom-used items, but accessing overhead storage is not feasible or safe for everyone. (Who’s going to send Grandma up a ladder for Christmas decorations?) Tailored Living’s Smart Home Collection brings the convenience and safety of automated storage options to everyone’s level. Custom lifters like a Hard Top Lifter for a Jeep® top or a multi-bike lifter join universal lifters for large or bulky objects and automated platforms that can be raised and lowered by the touch of a button.
- Specialty lifts for one or multiple bicycles
- The universal lifter has storage straps to accommodate any size or shape item
- Platform lifters come in different styles, including with safety netting
Additional security with locking doors and drawers
There are two main reasons for locked storage in a garage: protecting valuables or securing dangerous tools and toxic products. Paint products, auto care products, gardening sprays, fertilizers and weed killers are just some of the garage contents that need security if children and pets are around. The option of locking cabinet doors and drawers allows for peace of mind when storing possibly hazardous items. Locks also provide extra security for expensive tools, sports equipment or memorabilia, and personal storage of valuable heirlooms or collections.
- Locks on cabinets safely store anything that could prove a danger to family
- The added security of locked cabinets and drawers means more storage for valuables that don’t fit in the house
- Favorite tools will always be where you left them when securely locked away
Cedar-lined cabinets protect clothes storage
If your garage shares garment storage by housing out-of-season clothes, you can enhance the storage with cedar-lined cabinets that protect against insect visitations. Moths and other bugs are repelled by the natural, fresh sent of cedar. Cedar also removes moisture from the air, so it prevents the growth or spread of mold or mildew, keeping the cabinets and contents dry and clean.
- In a humid climate, cedar lining will protect against moisture damage for any storage, including metal tools, photo albums, or craft and hobby supplies
- Cedar will help to keep your garage smelling fresh, banishing any musty odors
- You can revive a fading scent by sanding the surface of the cedar lining
Fabulous, functional garage flooring
Making your garage safe for storage includes a floor that provides additional utility and function. Our floors can keep your garage cleaner, eliminating the worry of stored items getting covered in dust and cobwebs. Tailored Living has two types of custom garage flooring, including five styles of PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings and PremierTrax® interlocking garage floor tiles in 18 different colors. Both are designed to withstand the high traffic and heavy use that a garage endures every day, without cracking, chipping, or peeling.
- Reduce the buildup of allergens, dust, and dirt that can cling to an unfinished concrete floor
- Nothing stains or sticks to the surface, so cleanup is quick and easy
- Impervious to weather extremes, including hot and cold and wet and dry for year-round efficiency
Your custom garage
Custom garage storage cabinets are still the best defense against a messy garage, because they capture floor-to-ceiling vertical space and convert it into manageable storage. Garage accessories allow you to take your garage design to the next level, by personalizing storage to exactly what you need and want, including how it looks, how it fits, and how it functions. Here are some additional options for creating your perfect garage:
- Integrated LED lighting over countertops and inside storage cabinets
- Choose cabinet finishes and colors: laminates, powder-coated or thermofoil cabinet doors
- Countertops in Classic Linen, butcher block, and Oiled Soapstone with five edge options
- Soft-close hinges for doors and drawers
- Sliding doors for tight spaces
- Garage shelving
- Custom hardware
Tailored Living can help you safely store whatever you keep in your garage from kayaks to collectable dolls. No more asking yourself, “What am I going to do with this?” Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. If you’re “storage challenged” in other areas of your home, we can help with that, too. As whole home storage and organization specialists, we offer innovative solutions such as closet storage systems, pantry and laundry room organization, home office design, Murphy Beds, and more, to clear the clutter and restore order in every room.