Gardening is a favorite hobby or pastime of millions of people. From coast to coast, gardens flourish with brilliantly-colored flowers of every kind and vegetable gardens cater to the passion for organic and healthy eating. According to the National Gardening Survey, 75 percent of households in the U.S. participate in some gardening activity, with almost a 50/50 split between flower gardens and vegetable gardens.
Gardening provides a creative outlet for young and old, boys and girls, and men and women, with women gardeners leading the way at 54 percent. Among the many benefits of gardening are:
- Healthy exercise out in the fresh air
- Yard enhancement with greenery and flowers
- Home-grown vegetables and herbs for better eating
- Satisfaction of watching your garden develop and grow
Whether your garden is one raised bed on the patio or a half-acre of sculpted shrubs, trees and flowers, you’ll need garden tools, pots, fertilizers, and soil amendments along with trellises, trimmers, a sun hat and gloves. You’ll also need to store and organize all your gardening implements so they are ready for service when you are ready for gardening. Tailored Living® can help you store all your gardening supplies from a hand spade to a 100-foot hose in custom garage storage designed specifically for you.
An organized garage is the gardener’s friend
It’s a well-known fact that a custom garage storage system from Tailored Living will maximize any size garage, providing abundant storage space and functional living space. For a busy family, this can mean custom space for hobbies, sports equipment, a home gym, or a garden center for safely storing tools and equipment around a work space for repotting, pruning and tending plants. Converting all available wall space to storage with garage cabinets and custom Slatwall hanging panels, clears the garage floor of stacks, clutter, and tripping hazards and establishes viable activity areas.
- Integrated countertops create comfortable work areas
- Upper and lower cabinets and drawers conveniently store tools and necessities
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinets with adjustable shelves can safely store large bags of mulch, potting soil, fertilizers or long-handled tools
- Wall hanging systems create unobtrusive storage in small spaces or for entire walls
Simply stunning Slatwall
Custom Slatwall panels (PVC construction) come in many colors to coordinate with your garage’s storage cabinets and can be installed over cement, drywall, or brick. Designed to support up to 100 lbs. per square foot, Slatwall can accommodate anything you need to hang with specialty hooks, attachable baskets, and shelves for large and small items. Slatwall can create a whole wall of storage or a backdrop for a work bench to keep tools handy and in full view. As needs change, you can reconfigure the accessories for any storage solution, including sports equipment, household tools, and the all-important gardening equipment.
- Store small hand tools within easy reach
- Store plant food, weed killer, insect spray and fertilizers up and out of reach in secure baskets
- Specialty hooks support heavy garden hoses and outdoor extension cords
- For the kids, low-level hooks and baskets can keep their small tools where they can find them
A full wall of Slatwall can accommodate even the largest garden tools like rakes, shovels, edgers and trimmers. Tools are securely stored to prevent damage that can occur if they’re in a dog pile in a corner or stacked on a shelf. Cords don’t get tangled, rakes don’t get bent out of shape, and wooden handles aren’t snapped in two by a careless step or falling.
The total garage
Even if you’re not a gardener, the same custom garage storage principles apply to any hobby or lifestyle—your garage can become your best friend! With custom garage cabinets, shelves, wall storage, overhead racks and automated lift systems, and a new durable, custom garage floor, your entire garage will contribute to functional living space and eliminate clutter and chaos. By getting everything up off the floor, you’ll be able to park the car and still have space for other uses such as a workout area, full-service laundry area, hobby center for the whole family, game or media “room,” or a complete man cave with all the trimmings.
- Custom garage cabinets give a clean, uniform look to your garage
- Custom storage means a designated place for every item in the garage
- A variety of finishes and colors coordinate your cabinets with your home’s existing décor
- Garage flooring options are designed to withstand the heavy traffic of a busy garage
- PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings come in five different styles
- PremierTrax floor tiles come in 18 colors, from neutrals to primary colors and wood tones
Gardening season is in full swing now that Spring has sprung, and if you need help with finding and storing all your gardening tools and essentials, call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation. They can work with you to design the garden center of your dreams right in the garage so you can spend more time in the sun digging, mulching, trimming and watering and less time hunting for what you need. As whole home storage and organization specialists, we can also help with custom closets, home offices, Murphy Beds, laundry rooms, entryways, and wherever else clutter and disorganization are a problem.
Now that you’ll have the space, check out 17 Tools Every Gardener Should Own.