Normally when “dream” and “closet” come together, we think of the ladies. Despite all the dad jokes to the contrary, most men do care about order and convenience when managing their wardrobes just as women do. In fact, the less time they have to spend on it, the better they like it so giving dad a custom closet from Tailored Living® that fits his lifestyle, eliminates clutter, and checks off all the boxes for convenience could be the perfect Father’s Day gift!
Closets come in all styles, just like dads, and we can design the perfect Father’s Day closet for your dad
Custom closet design with a man in mind
The idea that men only need a tiny slice of the closet is archaic thinking. Today’s dads have very versatile wardrobes that reflect career needs and real life. Work may dictate wearing suits, ties, uniforms or steel-toed work boots, whereas time off may mean a rainbow of team jerseys, T-shirts and jeans with an impressive collection of athletic shoes and baseball caps. If you think about it, a man’s wardrobe can be quite extensive:
- Jeans, casual slacks and shirts, tee shirts and shorts
- Sweaters and jackets
- Suits, dress shirts and maybe even a tuxedo
- Workout or game gear
- Shoes: dress shoes, running shoes, sandals, casual shoes, sneakers and boots
- Accessories: ties, belts, pocket squares, sunglasses, scarves, belt buckles and hats
- Jewelry: tie pins, cuff links, rings, bracelets, necklace chains and watches
Lifestyle and career may dictate what needs to be in your dad’s closet, but personal preference will determine how all his stuff is organized.
- If he’s a folder, shelves, drawers and pull-out bins can hold stacks of jeans, shirts, shorts and sweaters.
- If he’s a hanger, tiered rods can double and triple the hanging space for his clothes.
- Closet accessories can customize his closet, having that desired “place for everything” and making it easy to stay organized.
Dad will love the ease and functionality of a custom closet designed to help him manage his clothes and accessories in the way he prefers
Take inspiration from celebrity closets for the boys
Social media is filled with images of extraordinary celebrity closets for women but, while less on display, celebrity closets for men may surprise you with the degree of style they reflect. From the inevitable sneakers shoe wall to elegant cabinetry and lighting, celebrity closets refute the idea that guys aren’t particular about their wardrobes and upkeep. They, too, want a closet that gets them effortlessly from day to day and event to event. Your dad’s closet can keep him organized and make a unique statement about his own personal style, just like the celebrity closets below.
A custom closet brings order out of chaos and makes life easier for the discerning dad
- Just what you’d expect from an interior designer, Nate Berkus combines two styles in his closet with traditionally designed dark wood drawers and cabinet shelves, transitioning to a very modern blue section with slanted shoe racks and a mirrored accessories armoire.
- Fashion icon Ralph Lauren favors a vintage look with polished wood finishes in floor-to-ceiling cabinets, a leather bench, and recessed lighting in shelves and hanging bays.
- Actor Nick Cannon maximized his minimalist-design closet space with shelves to display his extensive sneakers collection in perfect order, coupled with convenient hanging for shirts and jackets.
Fine-tune the closet with distinctive closet accessories
In conjunction with cabinets, shelving, drawers, and hanging rods, closet accessories add functionality and personality to every facet of your dad’s custom closet design. Does he like to hang or roll his ties? Use pull-out shoe racks or shoe shelves? Does he need crush-proof storage for an impressive hat collection? Tailored Living has you covered with closet organization accessories for every eventuality:
- Pull-out pants racks keep slacks neatly folded and wrinkle-free
- Decorative hooks keep caps, jackets, and robes handy
- Slanted shoe racks or shelves clear floor space and clutter
- Specialty hooks for belts and ties keep them organized and in full view
- Retractable valet rods provide additional hanging space or an extra hand when needed
- Open shelves safely house briefcases, backpacks, suitcases, gym bags, and hats
- Drawers with dividers organize socks, underwear, handkerchiefs, or rolled ties and belts
- Velvet-lined drawers protect jewelry and accessories like sunglasses, as well as provide organized storage for wallets, loose change and tech items like iPods, phones and chargers
Closet accessories provide easy access and keep everything in his wardrobe neat and ready to wear
No closet left behind
Whether your dad has a walk-in closet, reach-in closet, or a shared closet, a custom closet will keep everything neat and orderly and help him start off each day on the right foot (and in the right shoes). He’ll always be smartly dressed whether it’s for work, play, dinner out, or hosting a get-together at home. Our closet organization systems are available in styles, finishes, and colors that will coordinate with any home’s décor for a professional, built-in look, enhanced with decorative hardware for the perfect finishing touch.
A shared closet designed for two maximizes the space and ensures your dad gets his fair share of closet real estate
This Father’s Day give dad a gift that will keep on giving year after year with a custom closet he’ll love. Call 866-712-3404 today or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you and schedule a free, in-home or virtual* consultation. We strictly adhere to recommended social distancing and safety precautions while in your home or, virtually, we can evaluate your needs, design the new closet to your specifications, create a realistic 3D color display so you can see how it will look, and schedule installation when the time is right for you.
*Virtual consultations are not available at all locations