Is your family involved in sports? If you say yes, there’s probably evidence of that everywhere in the garage and the house, and not just the trophies and awards, but shoes, helmets, and stinky socks in surprising places! Love of sports fueled a $16-million-plus industry last year (Statista.com) and involves three out of four families.
- Approximately 28 million kids ages 6 to 17 play an organized sport
- 60% of boys and 47% of girls are already involved in a team sport by age 6
- 75% of households have at least one child involved in a sport
- 20 to 40 percent of adults aged 21 to 50 continue to play team sports
Custom garage storage lets you live happily ever after no matter how many sports your family pursues
Think in terms of sports equipment, and that’s a lot of stuff that needs someplace to go. If you’re beleaguered by sports trappings from Pee Wee football to college soccer and adult basketball, you know it can be a challenge to keep it all organized. Tailored Living® can bring order to sports confusion in your home with custom garage storage solutions that will organize, store, and protect all the sports equipment your family needs.
Sports equipment storage is not an afterthought
A custom garage storage system will take into consideration all the individual sports that your family enjoys and design appropriate storage space rather than have sports equipment randomly scattered in the garage. No more baseball bats and hockey sticks stacked in a corner and tennis rackets on the workbench. An active family is going to require considerable space for bikes, golf bags, skateboards, scooters, balls, bats, mitts, helmets, nets, skis, sticks, and fishing rods, with each requiring unique storage. For some things, enclosed garage storage cabinets will be ideal while other items will be better served with wall storage. Slatwall panels install anywhere to provide custom storage with attachable specialty hooks, shelves, and baskets for small and large items.
Between cabinets and wall hanging storage systems, you can keep all your sporting equipment organized and safely stored
- Where space allows, enclosed cabinets keep storage out of sight and sports equipment centralized in one place.
- Small garages where cabinets won’t fit can benefit from wall hanging storage with accessory hooks for even large equipment needs like golf bags, bikes, and skis.
- Cabinets and Slatwall panels capture vertical space to make use of all available storage space in the garage.
- The garage floor is no longer an obstacle course, cluttered with piled up sports equipment.
- Low-level storage will make it easy for kids to manage their equipment and develop a habit of putting things away when the games are done.
Overhead storage is ideal for off-season sports equipment
Every season has its own sports, so as the seasons change so does the need for specific equipment. With summer coming, winter sleds, skis, snowboards, and ice skates can be stored in overhead storage racks leaving easy-to-access storage space for the warm-weather sports equipment your family will need in the coming months. When the seasons change again, you can shift the storage, keeping current season equipment readily available.
Stationary and automated overhead storage options capture untapped ceiling storage space for items you don’t access regularly
- If you coach a seasonal team, you can safely store the team’s equipment in overhead storage and keep the garage clear for your own use.
- Automated garage solutions include platform lifts, basic lifts, multiple-bike lifts, universal lifters, and specialty lifters that can safely store any sports equipment.
- If you prefer all your sports, all the time, use overhead storage for other things like holiday decorations, keepsakes storage, furniture, and bulk-purchase home supplies.
- Utilize the hard-to-reach space above the garage door for long-term storage and bulky items like surfboards and kayaks.
Protect sports equipment with proper care
Along with safe storage, proper care is needed to keep equipment in good condition so that you don’t have to buy new sports equipment every season. Rule of thumb: don’t put anything away dirty or broken.
- Uniforms should always be washed and dried before being stored, and plastic, sealed bins will protect clothing from moisture and pests that can infiltrate storage. Throw away outgrown and damaged uniforms and socks, only keeping what will be usable for next season.
- Spray shoes with a disinfectant spray or insert deodorizer inserts to keep them fresh. (Tips for Homemade Shoe Deodorizer)
- Leather items like baseball mitts, gloves, and shoes should be cleaned and treated with a leather conditioner to keep them from drying and cracking.
- Wipe down balls and bats with antibacterial wet wipes before storing and deflate the balls.
- Clean helmets, chin straps, and pads with a microfiber cloth dipped in soapy water, rinse and dry, use a disinfectant spray and reassemble.
- Clean your golf bag inside and outside with warm, soapy water. Allow it to dry completely before putting away with cleaned clubs inside; have any damaged grips repaired.
- Clean and wax skis and snowboards before storing.
Protect your sports equipment for long-term storage or everyday use and you’ll always be at your best on the court, on the track, or out in the field
A functional garage for the way you live
No matter what activities your family enjoys, a custom garage storage system from Tailored Living will create functional living space by maximizing your garage from top to bottom. A PremierOne®epoxy floor coating or PremierTrax® interlocking garage floor tiles will create a beautiful, durable floor for however you choose to use your garage. Custom storage solutions organize everything in the garage and free up floor space to park the cars, create a crafts/hobby area, or set up a media center, game room, home gym, man cave, or she-shed.
The total garage will store everything you have and free up space for day-to-day living
Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find the designer near you. They’ll design customized storage for all your family’s sports equipment in the garage to eliminate unwanted clutter from traveling into the house. As whole-home organization specialists, we also provide innovative storage and organization solutions for any area of your home where clutter is a problem. Don’t live with messy closets, jumbled laundry rooms, disorganized pantries, and chaotic entryways. We can help! Check out our online Design Guide and several social media designers we’ve partnered with for their home transformations.