As a nation, we are living in an unprecedented time, sharing challenges in our communities and right in our homes. Routines and well-ordered lives have been disrupted and many people find themselves frustrated and feeling powerless. While much of this is beyond our control, Tailored Living® can help to make life a little easier on the home front with storage and organization solutions to maximize the functionality of all your space, making home a more comfortable place for everyone.
Maximize a family room and keep the peace with a custom hobby/crafts area so that separate-but-together works for harmonious living
Give everyone some personal space
Both kids and adults like a little breathing room where they can be by themselves and daydream, think big thoughts, read a book, or just chill. With businesses and schools closed, everyone is home all the time and personal space may be hard to come by. If kids’ bedrooms are messy, they will probably gravitate to the family room and end up jockeying for space and the TV remote, treading on mom’s or dad’s last nerve by the end of the day. With custom closet systems and built-in desks or storage, every child’s room (especially shared rooms) can become a comfortable space to spend quiet time and do schoolwork.
An organized bedroom makes online school easier and is more inviting for playtime
- Eliminate bedroom clutter with a custom closet that provides storage for clothes, shoes, and toys for one or more users.
- Child-accessible hanging rods, drawers, and shelves make it easy to keep the room clean.
- Built-in desks with shelves and drawers provide workspace for schoolwork and storage to display books, toys, and collectibles.
Capitalize on indoor/outdoor living space
Take advantage of the warmer weather and spend time outdoors to expand your living space. With indoor/outdoor spaces side by side, like a patio or deck right off a kitchen or family room, it’s easy to seamlessly blend the indoors and outdoors. Create space for games, fun and fine dining, or just plain relaxing so your family can enjoy being outside in the fresh air and soaking up some sunshine to break the monotony of being inside.
Create multiple activity areas on the patio for games, eating, and conversation (decorative concrete faux flagstone patio courtesy of Concrete Craft®, a sister brand)
- Unclutter the deck or patio and furnish it with outdoor furniture and shade umbrellas to make it more inviting.
- For a worn floor, PremierTrax® garage floor tiles are a quick upgrade, durable and safe for children to play on and they stay cool in hot weather.
- Add custom cabinets and storage benches to match your indoor cabinetry, with handy storage for outdoor games, extra cushions, and blankets.
- Extend your indoor color scheme outdoors with coordinating accent pieces and weather-resistant fabrics on patio chairs and lounges.
- Build cabinets and countertops around an existing barbeque for a full-service outdoor kitchen, with a small refrigerator to hold drinks and snacks.
Make your garage part of the solution
It’s a well-known fact that our environment can impact our wellbeing. Cluttered spaces tend to generate stress while tidy spaces are soothing. Under normal circumstances, a messy garage can be annoying, but with the additional complications of being homebound, it can become overwhelming every time you enter the garage. Custom garage storage cabinets will tame an out-of-control garage by getting everything up off the floor and stored behind closed doors. Overhead storage racks, including automated solutions, can safely store large and bulky items up and out of the way. Wall hanging storage can organize all the family’s sports equipment so it’s readily available for outdoor fun without rummaging through piles to find it.
Garage storage cabinets and Slatwall panels will transform your garage and free up space for other uses
- Integrate countertops with storage cabinets to provide workspace and storage for hobbies, handyman chores, and gardening activities.
- Set up a game room, home gym, or a Man Cave in the freed-up floor space and make your house feel bigger while expanding the family’s options for entertainment.
- PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings give industry-tough protection that resists moisture, spills, chips, and cracks to keep the garage clean and safe for everyday use.
Reduce the impact of COVID-19 mandates
Along with Tailored Living’s tips for making your home more comfortable, here are some suggestions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov) for dealing with the stress of COVID-19 restrictions for healthier and happier days until life returns to normal.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Reassure your child or teen that they are safe. Let them know it is ok if they feel upset. Share with them how you deal with your own stress so that they can learn how to cope.
- Try to keep up with regular routines. If schools are closed, create a schedule for learning activities and relaxing or fun activities.
- Eat healthy, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Connect with your friends and family members, virtually or face to face in safe surroundings.
- Make time to unwind and reduce stress as much as possible.
- For comprehensive information on COVID-19 including the latest updates go to cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
Your safety is our goal
To ensure the wellbeing and safety of our customers, Tailored Living is committed to following all the guidelines and updates of the CDC, local departments of public health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada. To that end, we have taken extra measures to instill confidence in our customers:
- Virtual design consultations* through a web conference or on your mobile phone let us work with you to design and order, scheduling installation for when the time is right.
- Adhering to sanitation and cleaning procedures, washing hands frequently, and keeping hand sanitizer close by.
- Practicing social distancing, including keeping six feet from clients during consultations and not shaking hands.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch areas like laptops, iPads and tools.
- Utilizing gloves and other methods to limit contact with hands.
- Encouraging office staff, designers, and installers to stay home from work if they are not feeling well.
Contact Tailored Living today if you could use help reducing stress for your family by making your home feel bigger and more comfortable. Call 866-712-3404 to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. As whole home design experts, we offer innovative storage solutions for every area of your home, including closet storage systems, entertainment centers, pantries, laundry rooms, entryways, home offices, and Murphy Beds. Get inspired with our online Design Guide.
*Virtual consultations are not available at all locations.