You may honestly believe that a messy garage is an inevitable fact of life, but that’s not true. It does take some purposeful action to eliminate a messy garage from your life, but once it’s done, you’ll never be the same!
- Uncover usable space you didn’t know you had
- Be calm instead of frustrated when you go into the garage
- Save time and arguments hunting for what’s supposed to be there
- No more worries about pests moving into the house (spiders and mice!)
- You’ll congratulate yourself every time you park the car inside and avoid bad weather
An organized garage is easier than you think with custom storage solutions from Tailored Living
Tailored Living® can help you turn your messy garage into an enviable garage with custom organization and storage solutions to safely store everything that you have. Eliminate a daily stress factor by converting it into fully-functional space.
Start with garage storage cabinets to eliminate clutter
Utilizing vertical wall space for storage clears floor space that is currently filled with stacks of boxes, bikes, and tools of all kinds. Transforming floor-to-ceiling space with custom garage storage cabinets creates organized storage to get all the garage clutter up off the floor and behind closed doors. Garage cabinets are available in a range of colors and finishes and can be integrated with countertops, drawers, open garage shelves, wall-hanging storage systems, and overhead storage racks to accomplish an incredible amount of organized storage.
Converting one wall to storage cabinets frees up the rest of the garage to park the cars or create additional living space like turning the laundry area into a proper laundry room
- Custom cabinets can be designed to fit around laundry appliances, water heaters, electrical panels, doorways and windows, as well as accommodating sloped ceilings or uneven floors.
- Upper and lower cabinets and drawers around countertops use every inch of storage space.
- Adjustable shelves within the cabinets let you conserve space.
- Locks on doors or drawers provide security for tools, keep toxic products out of reach, and safely store valuables that don’t fit in the house.
- High-level cabinets are perfect for seldom-used items like camping gear or holiday decorations, leaving low-level space for items that get daily use.
- Organize cabinets by use: automotive, paint supplies, handyman tools, etc., making everything easy to find and put away.
Slatwall panels for alternative storage
An alternative, or addition, to garage cabinets is wall hanging storage, customizable for objects large and small. Slatwall panels can transform walls into viable storage where there is limited space, like in a small garage, over a workbench, in a corner, or where the preference is for open storage or quick access. Slatwall storage is especially popular for sports equipment and gardening tools, which can be cumbersome inside cabinets. Attachable specialty hooks, shelves, and baskets let you maximize storage for whatever you need to organize.
Where cabinets won’t fit, Slatwall panels can provide abundant, customizable storage
- Safely store large garden tools and accessories all together in one place.
- Installed over a work countertop, Slatwall keeps hand tools organized and easy to find.
- Removable hooks and racks mean you can reconfigure storage as needs change.
- Slatwall can handle all kinds of garage storage from small hand tools to cumbersome sports equipment like bikes and golf bags.
- Panels are available in aluminum and colorful PVC to complement wall color or garage cabinet finishes.
Overhead racks and the automated, smart garage
Another storage option you may not have considered is overhead storage. Most garages have high ceilings that are completely overlooked as viable storage space. Stationary overhead storage racks can provide lots of square feet of storage for bulky and seldom-used items, freeing up the floor from rooftop Santas, snow tires, and patio furniture – all those odd-shaped things that eat up space. But accessing overhead storage may not be practical or safe for everyone, like ladder-challenged people. You can still benefit from overhead storage with the convenience and safety of automated garage lifts and platforms that can be raised and lowered by the touch of a button.
Overhead storage options can multiply functional garage storage space and keep large items out of the way
- Stationary racks come in numerous sizes, square or rectangle shapes, and adjustable heights.
- Made of heavy-duty, 14-gauge steel, stationary racks won’t swing or sway when storing or removing items and can hold approximately 50 pounds per square foot.
- Automated lifts take the strain out of overhead storage—it comes down to you and can be stopped at any level you choose.
- Custom lifters include multi-bike lifters, universal lifters for large or bulky objects, and even a Hard Top Lifter for a Jeep® top.
- Platform lifters can support 100 pounds and come in different styles, including safety netting for secure storage.
- Prevent unauthorized use and control access with a wall-mount push button station with keyed lockout.
Fabulous, functional garage flooring
Part of having an enviable garage is having a clean garage. No one wants to venture out where it’s dusty and dirty, much less store precious possessions. Tailored Living’s PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings and PremierTrax® interlocking garage floor tiles create beautiful, custom garage floors to withstand the daily demands of a busy garage without cracking, chipping, or peeling.
An industry-tough, low-maintenance garage floor transforms your garage into real living space, clean enough for any activity
- Reduce the buildup of allergens, dust, and dirt that can cling to an unfinished concrete floor.
- Very low maintenance; nothing stains or sticks to the surface, so cleanup is quick and easy.
- Impervious to weather extremes, including hot and cold and wet and dry for year-round efficiency.
- The non-porous epoxy coating cures to twice as hard as traditional epoxies, making your new garage floor resistant to gasoline, auto fluids, paint thinner, pesticides and other household chemicals that can destroy inferior epoxy finishes.
- With PremierTrax, no adhesives are required, meaning no curing time, so installation can usually have your garage back in service the same day.
Don’t surrender to the mess
To transform your messy garage forever, call 866-712-3404 today or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you and schedule a free, in-home consultation. We’ll help to organize your garage with custom storage solutions that will keep your whole family organized. In the meantime, check out our online garage builder and have some design fun with style and color before your consultation. If you have other messy places where clutter is taking over, we offer innovative storage and organization solutions for closets, home offices, pantries, laundry rooms, and more. Check out our new Design Guide to see the many ways to transform your home for peaceful living.