A New Year is dawning and this invites us to look back and access the Old Year. Did you achieve all your goals and dreams? Have you moved forward in areas that are important to you?
And the big question—did you actually keep last year’s New Year’s resolutions? If you can’t say yes, never fear, you’re not alone. Here are some heartfelt sentiments to prove that the pain of broken New Year’s resolutions is universal:
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- My New Year’s Resolution is to stop lying to myself about making lifestyle changes.
- Since it’s traditional to break my New Year’s resolutions, I think this year I’ll try for fat and lazy and see what happens.
In 2016, don’t waste time making New Year’s resolutions for yourself. This year make some New Year’s resolutions for your custom closets that will guarantee a happier, more organized New Year for you!
If your closets could talk
A closet’s job and reason for being is to keep you and your family organized. This includes bedroom closets, hall closets, pantries and linen closets. Whether large walk-in closets, smaller reach-in closets, or even awkward under-stairway closets, they all strive to do their job successfully. They just need your help, and a Tailored Living® designer, to make their New Year’s resolutions a reality.
As your master bedroom walk-in closet, I resolve to:
- Utilize all available storage space with floor-to-ceiling cabinets and shelves
- Keep all your shoes up off the floor on shoe racks
- Protect your jewelry and personal items in specialty, velvet-lined drawers
- Provide a bench or ottoman so you can sit down, and a mirror for a final look
- Keep your wardrobe wrinkle-free with tiered rods and matching padded hangers
- Separate ties, scarves and belts on accessory racks to keep them easy to find
- Offer a hand when you need it with a pull-out valet rod
- Light your way with integrated and attractive light fixtures
As the reach-in kid’s closet, I resolve to:
- Display all clothing so it’s easy to get ready for school with low level hanging rods
- Keep folded clothes in neat stacks on open shelves or in bins
- Make sure shoes are not piled on the floor or kicked under the bed by providing cubbies
- Keep sturdy, handy hooks available for jackets, backpacks and pajamas
- Collect dirty laundry in a special bin
- Make it easy to keep me organized with a place for everything
As an all-purpose hall closet, I resolve to:
- Keep the floor free of clutter with a combination of hanging rods and shelves for storage
- Reject any wet garments or footwear that need to dry out before entering
- Make hats, gloves and scarves easy to find with specialty hooks and racks
- Keep your coats and jackets ready to wear and provide space to hang guests’ coats
As the enchanting linen closet, I resolve to:
- Keep folded stacks neat and organized with shelf dividers
- Rotate towels and bed linens so everything gets equal use
- Maintain a pleasant aroma with scented sachets, moisture inhibitors or cedar lining
- Provide storage space for other items, with floor-to-ceiling shelving, including seasonal decorations and candles, or your acid-free wedding dress premium preservation box
As a work-saving kitchen pantry, I resolve to:
- Only contain fresh, usable foodstuffs for the family
- Capture all storage space with tall shelves and pull-out bins
- Keep separate areas for non-food items like small appliances, dishes and cookware
- Keep the dog and cat food fresh in air-tight containers
- Keep the snacks easy to access so everyone can serve themselves
- Avoid dark corners with integrated shelf lighting
- Remove expired foods from the shelves by pushing them forward
Are you excited? Just imagine how great 2016 will be if your closets will keep their New Year’s resolutions!
Help is just a phone call or a click away
Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® has mastered custom closet organization as well as whole home storage solutions for every single area of your home. For over 10 years they have been helping people live uncluttered, stress-free lives with custom storage solutions for closets, pantries, laundry rooms, home offices, guest rooms, family rooms, entry ways, mudrooms and garages, complete with custom garage storage cabinets and garage flooring.
Innovative design and optional accessories ensure that you can customize each and every closet in your home so that no New Year’s resolutions need be broken and you can be so proud of your closets! Features and options include:
- Floor-standing or wall-mounted closet organization systems
- Choice of finishes: 14 traditional laminates, rich wood stains and seven luxurious Italia glazes
- Decorative hardware in three standard styles, Polished Chrome, Matte Nickle and Oil Brushed Bronze, with additional styles available as custom order
- Door and drawer fronts in six different styles from smooth surface to raised-panel design Decorative molding, including base molding, top mount crown molding, face mount crown molding and vertical trim moldings to beautifully personalize your space
- Accessories abound, with mirrors, integrated lighting, glass-inset doors, tie and belt racks, valet rods, pull-out and tilt-out baskets, bins and hampers, drawer organizers, shelf dividers, integrated ironing boards, cedar lining, pants racks, shoe racks and more.
An extra special bonus is our exclusive 3D D’Vinci™ design software that lets you see the closet design in real time, so you’ll know exactly how it will look.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s the perfect time to call, our Home for the Holidays sale event is going on now until year end and offering a free upgrade. Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. Be sure to sign up for our eNewsletter to stay on top of all the latest trends in home storage and organization and to receive sale event announcements throughout 2016 so you can get your whole home painlessly organized.