You might as well get comfortable. For many, the timeline for working at home is up in the air. It may even turn into a permanent situation. Whether working from home is new to you or not, odds are you’re getting worked by your workspace. DIY solutions become Don’t It Yourself when you end up:
- Working on the washer
- Hunkering down on the hamper
- Struggling on the sofa
- Teetering on the TP tower
- Balancing on boxes
- Toiling on the table
- … or on any flat-ish surface in between!
Tables are for eating not for meeting, and it’s no picnic working at a picnic table or other makeshift options. It’s uncomfortable. It’s unsettling. It’s unproductive.
Promote Yourself… Promote Wellbeing
Our physical space affects our headspace. It impacts mood, productivity, and overall wellbeing. Most of us spend many hours at work each day, and where you spend it matters. Creating a positive workspace can help you decompress and find success. It can be the difference between falling to pieces… and falling into peace.
Things to consider when creating a positive workspace…
- Drawers help lose the mess and the stress—clearing the clutter and your mind
- Shelving provides room to organize and express your personal style
- Ergonomic features promote comfort and safety
- A technology perk can help you work
- Durable materials support long-term use and less wear and tear
- Good lighting is a bright idea, whether it’s a lamp or ideally a window.
- Nature can nurture. Add a live plant to your surroundings
- Having a pet as your co-worker can create pawsitivity
- Music can enhance your productivity, mood and creativity. Studies suggest classical music, nature sounds, music without lyrics, binaural sounds, and simply music you enjoy the most. The right music can help you jam in your jammies.
- Scents make sense. Try an essential oil diffuser with your favorite scent to help create calm
- Select a low-traffic area if possible. Get creative. If you can’t have a dedicated office, utilize a closet, a nook, part of a room, or whatever works for you. You can have that coveted corner office in almost any corner of the house.
Relocation Never Looked So Good
Working from home may not have been what you had originally designed for yourself… but we’ve designed a perfect space for you! Our Tailored Living designers have created a new line of home office options to fit your unique needs and style so you can finally have a workspace that works for you. You simply choose from one of four pre-designed options, selecting your favorite finish and configuration. All options have thoughtful designer details to help create a custom space that’s both elevated and comfortable. The choice is up to you… you’re the boss.
We thought of it all so you can have it all:
- Cabinetry made in North America with impact, stain, and scratch resistance
- An array of colors and finishes to match your existing décor
- Ergonomically designed peninsula desk with seamless, sloped edges for better wrist comfort and safety
- Optional sit-to-stand desktop feature
- Pop-up power station with 15-amp and USB outlets
- Floating shelves and three-compartment drawer organizers for ample storage
Create a workspace without the work
We put in the work so you don’t have to. The process is simple:
- Space: Determine the location and measure the space, keeping in mind the measurements of our desk setup options
- Style: Using our visualizer tool, pick your layout and preferred color palette
- Send: Submit your design to your local Tailored Living
- Sign Off: We’ll reach out to confirm the order receipt and design details, and talk through any questions you may have
- Schedule: Once the order is finalized, we’ll schedule a date and time that works for you to have us install
- Sit Back and Relax. Awesome changes are coming to your workspace… and your life!
Your new set-up will be perfect for work, study, and every day “life maintenance.” Having a functional and fabulous space really is life-changing. The good news is we at Tailored Living are whole home design experts offering innovative storage solutions for every area of your home. This includes closet storage systems, entertainment centers, pantries, laundry rooms, entryways, hobby rooms, Murphy Beds and even garage storage and flooring. Imagine the possibilities and get inspired by our online Design Guide. Call 866-712-3404 to schedule a free, in-home or virtual consultation, or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you.
*Virtual consultations are not available at all locations.