Fashion accessories are a crucial part of any wardrobe. You may start with a dress, but then you add shoes, earrings, bracelets, rings and maybe a necklace or scarf to make your outfit complete and stylish. And don’t forget the purse. While the dress possibly took up an inch of hanging space, the accessories need more space…much more space!
And judging from accessory trends for 2015 from Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, accessories are getting bigger!
In a closet, hanging needs can be readily addressed with tiered rods to accommodate long and short clothes. Accessories come in all shapes, sizes and multiples and can be a real challenge to manage. Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you own? How many purses? Probably more than you have room for and what about the jewelry?
Custom closet storage for your fashion accessories
Tailored Living’s designers can help you organize and store all your accessories so they are easily accessible. Those brilliant diamond earrings won’t add sparkle to your evening out if you can’t find them! Ideally, wardrobe and accessories are together in your closet, but depending on your closet size, you may need to “think outside the closet” a bit to manage all your accessories.
Accessories include shoes, boots, purses, scarves, pashminas, jewelry, watches, belts, ties, hats, gloves, sunglasses, and hair adornments like decorative clips. All these items are just as important as each other, especially as they are classed as your possessions. Whether you used something like special deals from the Jacobs The Jeweller when it came to purchasing your jewelry, or even if some items were brought from a charity shop, they all still mean something to you. I'm sure you would want to keep everything safe.
Our custom closet systems have storage solutions for all these accessories, so that’s where we’ll start and expand out from the closet for other options. A custom closet design can include:
- Flat or slanted shoe racks, with or without a shoe rail guard
- Adjustable shelving behind wood or glass-paneled doors for purses, folded items, hats
- Stacked cubbies for shoes, purses or folded scarves
- Pull-out drawers, shelves and baskets for small purses, sandals
- Drawer dividers organize small items like sunglasses, hair accessories, rolled belts
- Specialty velvet-lined jewelry drawers protect all your bling
- Tall vertical shelving for hats and seldom-used or seasonal accessories
- Island or ottoman storage can accommodate shoes, boots and purses
- Stationary or retractable tie and belt holders can also hold necklaces or scarves
- Decorative hooks for purses, scarves, belts and hats
- A spiral shoe rack holds up to 25 pairs of shoes
- Pull-out pants racks can keep folded-over scarves or pashminas wrinkle-free
- Adjustable shelves accommodate tall boots and large purses or bags
Alternative accessory storage options
If your closet space isn’t sufficient for storing your clothes and all the accessories, you can still have your accessories close at hand to make getting dressed almost effortless. The key is to always keep like items together. Don’t have scarves stuffed in multiple drawers, jewelry scattered about, or shoes tossed wherever.
- Underbed storage bins on wheels roll out easily for excellent overflow storage. They can hold lots of shoes, boots laying on their sides, neatly folded scarves or purses.
- Decorative hooks or pegs can make a nice display to hang purses, scarves or necklaces.
- A jewelry box on top of a chest or dresser keeps your jewelry safe from damage or loss.
- Steal a crystal divided serving dish (like for olives and pickles) from the kitchen to hold jewelry on top of your dresser or nightstand.
- Artistic wire and metal sculptures are available for earrings, rings and other pieces.
- A basket can hold hair preparations in the bathroom or at a dressing table.
- A bookshelf can become shoe or purse storage in the bedroom, as well as hold baskets or bins to put things in.
- A dresser drawer can be a perfect solution for keeping folded scarves in one place.
- An armoire or wardrobe can provide accessory storage behind closed doors to hide clutter.
- Stacking boxes, baskets or suitcases can become a tower of storage.
- Over-the-door shoe or jewelry racks capture unused space.
- Canvas hanging cubbies hold shoes, belts, folded scarves or anything that will fit.
- Specialty hangers for scarves and belts can either go on closet rods or on wall hooks.
Be creative! Display your pretties so you can find them when you need them and make your surroundings fun.
Custom closet design may be all you need
Before you go “outside the closet” for storage solutions, you may want to first customize your closet with a Tailored Living closet organizational system. You’ll be surprised at how much your closet can actually hold when space is optimized for your specific needs. Whether you have a walk-in or a reach-in closet, we can maximize every inch of space, from floor to ceiling, bringing clothes and accessories together for an exhilarating experience!
If you need help getting your accessories and wardrobe under control, our professional designers are just a phone call away! Call 866-712-3404 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. We’re your whole home organization experts, eliminating clutter and chaos from closets, garages, entryways, home offices, laundry rooms, pantries and more. When you call, ask how you can save $100s on your home organization project before March 31!