If you’ve done anything for 25 years—raised kids, worked, traveled, run marathons—you have earned the right to slow down a bit, to stop and smell the roses. But for Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), we’ve spent the past 25 years growing successful independent franchise owners and we’re not stopping for anything. 2017, our 25th Anniversary Year, is just the launching pad for the next 25! This sort of sustained growth is not possible without an astute attitude to learning. This includes reading the marketing statistics at Salesforce in order to stay ahead of the game and remain at the top of the industry.
As the world’s best-selling, direct-to-consumer franchise family in the home improvement industry, all three of our award-winning brands are poised for exponential growth.
- By the end of 2017, Budget Blinds® will have installed enough window coverings since 1992 to nearly circle the globe. In 2017, Budget Blinds installations will reach a record 50,000 per week across the network of over 1,100 franchise owners in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Tailored Living® has organized 225,000 lives--enough to fill four Dodger Stadiums. That’s an amazing amount of people to take from chaos to calm through the beauty of whole home custom storage and organization solutions.
- Concrete Craft® has more than doubled in size since joining HFC in 2014, and Concrete Craft franchisees have installed enough decorative concrete to cover 52 football fields, transforming about three million square feet of (ugly) concrete into works of art.
CEO Shirin Behzadi shares the vision and energy that will propel HFC to that 50-year mark: “We’re celebrating our 25th year by investing in the products, people and programs that will enable us to lead the franchised home services industry for the next 25 years. This year represents a time of celebrating our past successes and of thinking big for the future. We’re telling our story to give a whole new generation of would-be entrepreneurs the opportunity to own their future through business ownership.”
25 years is just the beginning.
Core values drive every facet of business
Innovation, growth, opportunity, collaboration and leadership are what give HFC its incredible staying power and what makes its brands the best in the industry. Just as physical core-strength enables a body to expand its capabilities, a company founded on solid core-values strength can move beyond its definition. As such, HFC has a well-developed giving-back philosophy that has been the catalyst for many important initiatives that have helped the entire network grow in many directions. From industry accolades and awards to working with celebrities such as The Property Brothers, the HFC brands do make the news.
- Budget Blinds and Tailored Living are consistently named as “Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military TimesTM Magazine
- Franchise Business Review (FBR) repeatedly ranks Budget Blinds and Tailored Living in their annual Top 200 Franchises
- Budget Blinds was recently ranked in a new category for FBR as one of the Top Franchises for Women
- Budget Blinds has been ranked #1 window coverings franchise every year by Entrepreneur® since 1996
- Other industry awards include Franchise Times® Top 200, Canadian Franchise Association®, Multi-Unit FranchiseeTM Magazine and Franchise 500TM
- Budget Blinds participated with Buying and Selling with the Property Brothers TV show for several seasons, providing custom window coverings for the homes they renovated
- Budget Blinds and Tailored Living both participated in the extensive home makeover of Jonathan and Drew Scott’s Las Vegas “compound” on their TV series, Property Brothers at Home
- This year, Tailored Living is involved with a second Property Brothers at Home: Drew’s Honeymoon House makeover in Los Angeles, to be finally revealed in November, 2017
- Tailored Living was featured on DIY network’s Rev Run’s Renovation
- The Marc & Mandy show in Canada regularly features Budget Blinds as a window coverings expert
Legacy support for Veterans
Substantial discounts for Veterans who become franchise business owners is an ongoing initiative of all the HFC brands. Home Office personnel as well as franchise owners throughout the network include many who have served in the military and some have actively-serving family members. Veterans have always been near and dear to the heart of HFC!
- HFC brands are annually included in the Franchise Business Review’s Best for Vets Top Franchises.
- A one-year Million Dollar Franchise Event launched on Veteran’s Day, 2013, brought over 30 new Veteran franchise owners into the Budget Blinds and Tailored Living franchise networks.
- In 2014, Budget Blinds, in partnership with Springs Window Fashions®, became the official window coverings supplier for Homes for Our Troops (HFOT), which involved a three-year commitment of donating cash and faux wood blinds, along with measuring and installation services provided by nation-wide local franchise owners in the specially adapted, mortgage-free homes HFOT builds for severely injured Veterans. Additionally, Home Office staff and local franchise team members were able to participate in the Groundbreaking Ceremonies, Volunteer Days (getting hands dirty putting in landscaping) and Key Ceremony days when the homes are awarded to the Veterans and their families.
- NBC’s George to the Rescue called on Budget Blinds and Tailored Living to participate in several of their Veteran home renovations, providing window treatments and closet and garage storage solutions.
- Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover airing on Lifetime® Television brought Budget Blinds into several Veterans’ homes with beautiful, custom window coverings of their choice.
- Budget Blinds, in partnership with Springs Window Fashions, has made three annual $15,000 donations to Wounded Warriors Canada, along with consistent efforts among Canadian franchise owners to raise awareness of the ministry to support wounded military members suffering from PTSD and other effects of war.
- Now, in our 25th anniversary year on Veteran’s Day, November 11, HFC will award a U.S. or Canadian military Veteran with a franchise business, either Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft, and operating capital up to $100,000.Candidates were nominated by active franchise owners and trusted manufacturing partners through HFC’s There’s No Place Like Home Veteran Partnership and Giveaway. Additionally, a GoFundMe site invites the public to donate toward the goal of raising working capital for the awarded Veteran, and HFC will match all contributions up to $50,000. For details, go to https://www.gofundme.com/hfc-veteran-partnership-giveaway.
Giving back to the community
Individual franchise owners across the country participate in local community activities, striving to make a difference where they live and work by giving back time, expertise and product donations by installing window coverings and providing custom storage solutions for local schools, boys’ and girls’ clubs and libraries.
In this anniversary year, HFC Home Office has partnered with various nonprofit groups for a day of giving back on (or near) the 25th of each month, with employee volunteers participating in the organizations’ daily efforts. National and local organizations include Homes for Our Troops, Working Wardrobes, Orangewood Children & Family Center, Second Harvest Food Bank and Olive Crest, an organization to combat child abuse and preserve the family.
- School supply donations were accepted at the HFC Home Office and delivered to Orangewood where employee volunteers helped pack donated school supplies into donated backpacks so that each needy child received a great “back to school” gift to make the school year more fun and more productive.
- The HFC Home Office staff donated over 400 donated wardrobe items for Working Wardrobes, HFC volunteers spent the day sorting, evaluating, steaming and hanging clothes and accessories to help job-seekers find just the right outfit to nail that job interview.
- Volunteer Day at a local Homes for Our Troops build brought Home Office volunteers, along with more than 100 other members of the community, to the home site to put in sod and plant trees and flowers to get the front and back yards ready for the home move-in the following month.
Expansion plans to support continued growth
25 years of continuous growth has the HFC Home Office location busting at the seams. So, in April, 2018, HFC will move into their new Home Office and Franchise Support Center in Irvine, CA, right across from the John Wayne Orange County Airport. The new 38,094 square-foot office will facilitate future franchise and franchisee growth with new management offices, interactive product displays, and state-of-the-art training, education and support facilities for its growing family of franchise owners and, potentially, new brands. The next 25 years are going to be awesome!
So whether you’re looking for …
- The best provider of new window coverings to update your home
- Whole home organization and storage solutions for the way you live
- Home and business enhancement with decorative concrete for internal and external surfaces
- A franchise business opportunity to take control of your life and financial future
… look no further. HFC and its family of brands are ready to help.
Celebrate our past 25 years by renovating your home with beautiful new window treatments, innovative storage solutions, or a new patio or driveway to enhance your living spaces.
Join us for the next 25 years as part of the family by becoming an independent franchise business owner of a Budget Blinds, Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise. Go online to Home Franchise Concepts to see if franchising is right for you.
As whole home organization specialists, Tailored Living has been helping people live more comfortably in their spaces by turning chaos into calm. Organization solutions include closet storage systems, custom entryway designs, home offices, pantries, laundry rooms, Murphy Beds, garages and custom garage flooring. Call 866-712-3404 to schedule a free, in-home consultation.